Apply for money to help fund an innovative classroom project! Grants for Excellence in Teaching (GETs) are designed to fund classroom projects that exemplify the very best in teaching practices in English Language Arts and which can be shared with other teachers across the province.
GET recipients are asked to share their completed projects by creating a Unit Plan for our website containing all of the materials necessary for other teachers to adapt and implement the project. Some GET recipients are also asked to present their project at a Springboards conference, to contribute an article to ELA Today, or to create a Book Trunk.
Here’s how it works:
- Applicants must be ATEQ members (become a member here)
- Applicants fill out the GET application form, which will be sent to the ATEQ Executive for approval.
- The Executive will review ALL applications and determine the recipients for that year.
- Applicants will be notified by email, no later than January, about the status of their application.
- Recipients will receive a letter of acceptance along with a contract to be signed in which they agree to all of the terms, conditions, and criteria listed below, as well as the protocols for completion of their project and creation of a Unit Plan.
- A portion of the funding will be sent once the signed contract is returned.
- Final payment will occur upon completion of the project and Unit Plan, along with the submission of all receipts, materials and resources.
The deadline for GETs is 4:00 pm on the first Friday in December.
Terms, Conditions & Criteria:
Eligibility: Only ATEQ members are eligible to apply for a grant. To become a member, click on the Membership link above. All projects must take place in aK-11 English Language Arts (ELA) classroom in Quebec in the public or private sector, including adult ed., and be completed within that school year.
Constraints: Funding cannot be used to: a) pay the salary of a school board consultant and/or other resource person; b) realize a school board mandated project, such as a compulsory exam for students; c) purchase major capital equipment (e.g. equipment, furniture, etc.), although special consideration may be given to projects of merit where the capital equipment required is modest; or, d) pay for teacher substitution.
Requirements: (1) Compatibility with the Quebec Education Program (QEP), including the Progression of Learning and Frameworks for Evaluation for English Language Arts; (2) Feasibility in both scope and time: projects must be completed within the school year; (3) Contribution to the ELA teaching community: all materials/resources produced, including student samples, will be shared with ATEQ members as a way of giving back to the community. GET recipients are required to share their completed projects by creating a Unit Plan for our website containing all of the materials necessary for other teachers to adapt and implement the project. Some GET recipients are also asked to present their project at a Springboards conference, to contribute an article to ELA Today, or to create a Book Trunk.
To apply for a GET Grant, please complete the application form here.
GET recipients must submit their COMPLETED project along with all related materials and resources using the Submit a Project form here.
You can view projects that were funded in previous years here.