Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for the 2022-2023 ATEQ awards!
Do you know an outstanding educator or student teacher who is a great leader, pedagogue or ELA advocate?
The Marjorie Gawley award is awarded to a pre-service teacher in the final year of a teacher certification program. There are two bursaries available, each of $500; typically, one bursary is awarded at the primary (K-6) level and the other at the secondary level.
The Abigail Anderson award is awarded to an individual teacher or a group of teachers for an outstanding contribution to the field of English Language Arts in Quebec
The John Gaw award is awarded to an outstanding English Language Arts Educator in Quebec who exhibits leadership qualities
The deadline for this year’s nominations is TBC
Congratulations to our 2022-2023 award winners:
- Jesse Hawco and Gloria Sutherman winner of the Marjorie Gawley award
- Jasmine St-Laurent winner of the John Gaw award
- Abigail Anderson award
ATEQ believes in recognizing teachers and educators for their excellent work and dedication to the profession, as well as pre-service teachers who distinguish themselves during their final year of study. Each award has its own criteria: please read carefully, and then don’t be shy to nominate someone great! The ATEQ Executive Committee reviews all nominations in order to determine the winner(s) for each award. See below for a list of previous honorees.
(Formerly known as the ATEQ Award)
- 2022 – Jessica Hand and Lise Kuhn (EMSB)
- 2010 – Kathleen Dearhouse
- 2009 – Michael Ernest Sweet (LBPSB)
- 2008 – Kevin Wright (RSB)
- 2007 – Anne Lemay (CQSB)
- 2023 – Jasmine St-Laurent (Bourget College)
- 2022 – Colin Throness (EMSB)
- 2016 – Terry Saba (EMSB)
- 2015 – Kathy Napier (ETSB)
- 2010 – Anne Doucet (MEQ)
- 2006 – Abigail Anderson (MEQ)
- 2023 – Jesse Hawco (Concordia, EL.)
- 2023 – Gloria Sutherman (McGill, HS)
- 2022 – Zelia Carnevale (McGill, HS)
- 2017 – Andrea Varghese (McGill, HS)
- 2017 – Nathalie Pepiot (McGill, HS)
- 2016 – Pamela Bussey (McGill, HS)