Springboards is our annual, flagship conference held in the spring and so-named because the ideas shared are a springboard to either end-of-year planning, or beginning of next year creativity. A grass-roots conference, with an over 40-year tradition, it is held by teachers for teachers. Presenters are practicing teachers sharing what works for them, what has confounded them, and how they have attempted to solve some of the daily challenges of life as an ELA teacher. It is an opportunity to share best practices with each other in an informal, supportive setting. Join the conversation!
Join us on March 19th and 20th for opportunities to learn and share with English Language Arts educators, authors, and librarians from both in and outside of Quebec. This year is unlike any other and we want Springboards to reflect that. With this in mind, this year's conference theme is Teachers Teaching Teachers: Celebrating, Motivating, and Inspiring during a Time of Trial and Change. See the PROGRAM.
On March 19th, from 19h to 20h30, prolific children’s author and poet Nikki Grimes will present a keynote address. Nikki has received numerous awards for her work, including the ALAN Award for outstanding contributions to the field of adolescent literature, the 2017 Children's Literature Legacy Award and the 2006 NCTE Award for Excellence in Poetry for Children.
On March 20th from 10h to 14h, educator and librarian-led sessions will cover a span of topics including:
Click below to find information and documents related to previous Springboards conferences.
- Springboards 2019 Program
- Springboards 2018 Program & Workshop resources
- Springboards 2017 Program
- Springboards 2016 Program & Workshop resources
- Springboards 2015 "Assess for Success" - Program & Workshop handouts and resources
- Springboards 2014 "Re-Imagining Reading" - Program (40th anniversary) & Workshop handouts and resources
- Springboards 2013 "Talking Technology" - Program
- Springboards 2012 "Dialogue for Change" - Program
- Springboards 2010 "Literacy in Action" - Program
- Springboards 2009 "Continuing Connections through Literacy" - Program
- Springboards 2008 "Creating Connections through Literacy" - Program, Workshops & Handouts
- Springboards 2007 - Workshops & Handouts